Tips for Switching Financial Institutions
Thinking about taking a fresh approach to banking? We are a homegrown, local credit union established in 1955. The following tips will help the transition to a CPM membership be smooth and seamless.Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We are happy to help either at the local branch, via email at ContactUs@cpmfed.com or by phone at 800.255.1513.Your membership is important because to us Carolina People Matter!
- Open an account at CPM Federal Credit Union before closing your old account(s). You will still be able to transact on your account during the transition.
- Keep your old direct deposits and Billpay accounts open until they have all successfully been transferred over to CPM.
- Be sure to leave enough to cover any automatic payments in your old account in case it takes more than one billing cycle for the changeover.
- Keep old checking account open until all transactions have cleared.
- Have CPM’s account routing numbers handy for canceling, establishing or redirecting direct deposits and auto payments.
- Get written verification all accounts, as well as debit and credit cards if applicable, have been closed.
- Be sure to empty safe deposit box and turn in the key, if applicable.
Revised from www.bankrate.com