Tips for Switching Financial Institutions
Thinking about taking a fresh approach to banking? We are a homegrown, local credit union established in 1955. The following tips will help the transition to a CPM Federal Credit Union membership be smooth and seamless.Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We are happy to help either at the local branch, via email at ContactUs@cpmfed.com or by phone at 800.255.1513.Your membership is important because to us Carolina People Matter!
- Open an account at CPM Federal Credit Union before closing your old account(s). You will still be able to transact on your account during the transition.
- Keep your old direct deposits and Billpay accounts open until they have all successfully been transferred over to CPM.
- Be sure to leave enough to cover any automatic payments in your old account in case it takes more than one billing cycle for the changeover.
- Keep old checking account open until all transactions have cleared.
- Have CPM’s account routing numbers handy for canceling, establishing or redirecting direct deposits and auto payments.
- Get written verification all accounts, as well as debit and credit cards if applicable, have been closed.
- Be sure to empty safe deposit box and turn in the key, if applicable.
Revised from www.bankrate.com