Message from CEO James Gergen
A YEAR IN REVIEW
Thanks for your support and loyalty to your credit union! We are on a mission to serve you and you rewarded us by keeping us busy! In 2022 we set new records for the amount of affordable credit we extended and for the amount of deposits and transactions we supported. Thank you!!!
I am very proud of our staff and their many accomplishments during the year. Here are some highlights:
- Our digital banking rated best-in-state by earning 4.9 stars in the Apple app store. We have been on top before but it takes work to stay there. We moved to a single platform to support both our iOS and Android users enabling us to speed the rate at which we can implement improvements. We moved all card alerts and controls into our digital experience. They are all in one place. All in the right place. One common experience for both our debit cards and our credit cards. We raised our limits for eDeposits and improved funds availability. We launched our Overdraft Protection widget. We integrated our skip-a-pay service. We integrated card activation and PIN changes for our debit and credit cards.
- We launched contactless debit cards, and that includes the debit cards we instant issue in our branches.
- We removed our $2.00 fee for overdraft protection transfers, and it is now free when you ask us to cover an overdraft with a transfer of your own funds. If you have not set that up yet, it is easy to specify your backup accounts using our Overdraft Protection widget.
- We stopped charging courtesy pay fees for items of $5.00 or less and we implemented a daily cap of 4 fees for courtesy pay and nonsufficient funds items.
- We doubled the amount we lent to our members most likely to turn to predatory lenders.
- We set records for mortgage lending, home equity line of credit lending, and credit cards issued.
- We provided record amounts of financial wellness training and content.
- We were recognized as a Best Places to Work in South Carolina for 2022.
We remain on a mission to serve you and we have lots of exciting improvements coming in 2023; but we prefer to talk about what we have done, so more about those later. Thank you again for being our member and supporting your credit union! We know who we work for!
CPM Federal Credit Union